- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk (you can also use one that is similar to cow’s milk, it is usually called coconut drink)
- 1 1/2 cup rolled or instant oats
- 4 tbspns dried cranberries
- 3 tbspns shredded coconut
- 1/2 tspn cinnamon
- 1/4 tspn vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- some honey for serving (optional)
First of all, preheat your water and coconut milk in a pot. Add in a pinch of salt. When the liquid starts to boil, reduce the heat to medium and pour in your oats. Read the instructions on the package because different oats usually have different cooking time. Normally, it takes about 5-10 minutes to cook it. When the oatmeal is almost done, add in shredded coconut and cranberries. Pour in a little bit of vanilla extract just for a hint of sweetness. Mix everything well.
You can serve this oatmeal a pinch of cinnamon and some honey drizzled on the top. Enjoy!